Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Regressing

It's been brought to my attention that I am not making the best start to the new year.

I blame my brother for regifting a copy of Twilight, which I held away from my person, between index finger and thumb until finally succumbing to my angsty inner 'tween/curious librarian and read the whole series.

And then admitted to people that I read it.

I blame my better half for giving me 8 gigs worth of memory for my phone which has caused me to lower the bar content-wise and include "Material Girl" on my playlist.*

I blame the looming spectre of my thirtieth year for sending me out to purchase bright yellow Wayfarers since my days of trend hopping are, sadly, numbered.

I blame myself for letting my brains waste away to mush during my vacation.

I blame my job for forcing me out of the pop culture gutter I've been merrily wallowing in for the past two weeks. But, now it's time to get back to work.

*Doubleplusungood for engaging in head nodding whilst song was playing.

No comments: